John Marsden Writing Topic #441
Write a guide to self-improvement**
Rach’s Guide to Self-Improvement
1. Eat healthy.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Find a hobby (that you enjoy).
4. Make the effort to socialise with your friends.
5. Always work hard and try your best in your job.
6. Find a job that you love.
7. Try to maintain a work-life balance.
8. Go on a holiday at least once a year.
9. Don’t use your phone while walking/jogging/running/cycling/driving.
10. Try to find love.
11. Make a donation to at least one charity at least once a year.
12. Try to give at least one stranger a compliment everyday.
13. Don’t try to be perfect, perfection doesn’t exist and never will.
14. Have no regrets, they’re pointless and you can’t change the past.
15. Have regular medical check-ups.
16. Remember to rest when needed and always try to have a good night sleep.
17. Try something new at least once a year.
18. Buy yourself a luxury item occasionally.
19. Never stop learning.
20. Try to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible.
**Reference: Marsden J 1998, Everything I Know About Writing, Pan Macmillan, Australia.