John Marsden Writing Topic #20
You’re in a cave with no tools or weapons. A huge hungry bear is standing in the only opening. Suggest five ways you could get out**
1. Distract the bear with food and lead into the cave (the topic didn’t say that I didn’t have food)
2. Do a really quick run up and roll/slide under the bears legs
3. Make myself a target and lure the bear into the cave to chase me out the opening
4. Dig my way out of the cave
5. Throw dirt at the bear to get him away from the opening.
**Reference: Marsden, J 1998, Everything I Know About Writing, Pan Macmillan, Australia.