John Marsden Writing Topic #49
Suppose your house burns down. List six ways you could turn this into a positive experience.**
1. I can rebuild my house into my dream home
2. I can use the insurance money to rebuild my dream home
3. I don’t have to worry about break ins.
4. I can be a minimalist now that my possessions have burnt to a crisp
5. I can stay with my friends (hopefully) and bond with them
6. I could move back home and grow closer to my family
**Reference: Marsden, J 1998, Everything I Know About Writing, Pan Macmillan, Australia.