John Marsden Writing Topic #437
State the code you live by. List your principles.**
1. Never manipulate or trick people.
2. Never lie.
3. Always try to be as fair in any kind of relationship as possible.
4. Treat others the way that you would want to be treated.
5. Never commit crime.
6. Always try to be as independent as possible.
7. Always try your best.
8. Violence is never the answer, with the exception of self defence, which really can’t be classified as violence.
9. Always have some form of back up money/savings.
10. When a relationship ends, accept it for what it is and move on as fast as possible (this one I’m still working on).
11. Pay bills as early as possible, if not straight away.
12. Do a tax return every year/pay taxes.
13. Donate to charity in some way throughout your life.
14. Try to take care of your health as much as possible.
15. Always respect your parents.
#My list of principles will grow over time, however these are my principles (at least all of my principles that I could think of at the moment).
##This writing topic reminded me of Gibbs’ rules from NCIS: http://ncis.wikia.com/wiki/Gibbs%27s_Rules
**Reference: Marsden J 1998, Everything I Know About Writing, Pan Macmillan, Australia.