John Marsden Writing Topic #93
Write a recipe (like a cake recipe) describing what you’d see as a good time, then write one for a bad time**
A night out with friends (a good time):
-Underwear and stockings
-One pair of black leather sandals
-Perfume and make-up (optional)
-Membership to a club (like Collegians or an RSL club)
-Group of friends
- Organise a date, time and decide what club to go for dinner with your friends at least a week in advance.
- Decide what dress you are going to wear.
- Decide if you are going to wear perfume and make-up.
- Once you have decided on a dress, have a shower, get dressed and put on shoes.
- Put essential items such as wallet and phone in matching handbag.
- Get the train or bus to the club.
- Use membership card to get into the bistro.
- Meet with friends, have dinner and a good time.
A pap smear exam (a bad time):
-Health Insurance and Bank Card
- Go to the GP and ask for a referral to a gynaecologist for a pap smear.
- Go to the gynaecologist’s office with the referral and wait to be seen, use mobile phone to entertain yourself while waiting.
- Once you enter the Gynaecologist’s office following instructions to have the pap smear completed (and most important, remember to relax).
- Once the appointment is over remember to show your health insurance and bank card to pay.
**Reference: Marsden, J 1998, Everything I Know About Writing, Pan Macmillan, Australia.